Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday







Hey Everyone,




Today, Lexi had an awesome day! She had her first therapy session in the pool, with her therapist Mr. Moshe. I have to admit, I was a bit concerned how Lexi would react to the pool therapy, because it was Mr. Moshe in the pool with her and not me. But I brought her up the stairs, sat her at the edge of the pool, and dangled her legs in the water. Well, that did it! As soon as she felt how warm the water was, and she saw the swim tube that Mr. Moshe had for her, she was in! Alex and I got to be right outside of the pool, and took lots of pictures. Lexi got to meet a cute 6 year old boy, named Cameron, who had pool therapy as well. Cameron kept making Lexi laugh because he kept dunking his head underwater!


This was a breakthrough experience for Lexi. Both in terms of therapy progress and the fact that she trusts her therapist so much, that she didn't cry for me or Daddy. We are so proud of her....so much that I had tears of joy watching her in the pool!


(The shower and pin care after the pool session were not so joyous, but let's just focus on the positive!!!)


Lexi has gym therapy on Wednesday and Friday. And on Thursday we have our 2 week follow-up appointment with Dr. Standard...we can't wait! Alex and I are anxious to find out how well Lexi's lengthening is going, and to hear what Dr. Standard has to say about things. Alex started working again today and he will continue to that this week. We'll see what's in store for us next week, as we aren't sure if Alex will be able to stay much longer.


Enjoy the pictures! We miss you all very much.


1 comment:

Alex said...

We're so jelous Misses; it's too cold in Chicago to swim! How do you do it!? Uncle Matt and I are so proud of you, Mommy and Daddy; are they being good and helping you take you're medicine? We know it's hard work but the medicine and you're therapist will help your leg be the best it can be! Can't wait to see you lady and Uncle Matt, Alex, Grandma, Nan, Auntie Sue, Uncle Bob and Cousin Bobby sent you a special suprise so watch the mail and keep on truckin!

WHAT UP!
Uncle Matt and Alex