Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Surgery

Lexi's surgery went great today! After Dr. Standard removed the fixator, he took an x-ray of her leg. It healed perfectly! So well in fact, that he said the titanium rod did not need to stay in her leg any longer....Woo Hoo!

Dr. Standard also put an 8-plate on her knee to start correcting the valgus (knock knee). That could stay on for up to a year, depending on her growth spurts.

We will return to Baltimore in two weeks to take off this cast, and replace it with a removable cast. This is so Lexi can start her physical therapy sessions, and ease into standing on that foot again.

I just want to say that I can't even begin to put in words the appreciation and admiration I have for Dr. Standard. What he does for these kids is nothing short of a miracle, and I'm so grateful for what he's already done for Lexi.

Can't wait to see everyone when we get home!




No comments: